Do you love ordering Chinese takeout because of the big variety of foods you can choose from? If so, you may really enjoy the fried rice offered at Chinese restaurants. This type of rice is easy to duplicate at home, and here is a recipe that is very similar to the type of chicken fried rice offered at Chinese restaurants. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it is also very easy to make. If you would like to try making this at home, here is the information you will need to know.
The ingredients you will need:
Before you get ready to make fried rice at home, make sure you have the following ingredients:
- 3 cups cooked rice (this amount is typically the recipe on a package of rice and usually involves cooking 1 cup rice with 2 cups water)
- 2 cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cooked any way you would like)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 T. sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 c. soy sauce
As you are waiting for the chicken and rice to cook, you could begin gathering the other ingredients that you will need for this recipe.
The directions to follow:
After gathering these ingredients and preparing the rice and chicken, you can throw this meal together in a matter of minutes. To do so, you will need to follow these directions:
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet until it is hot.
- Place the chopped onion, minced garlic, and frozen vegetables in the skillet and cook for three to five minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Crack the two eggs into the skillet and mix well as the eggs cook.
- Place the rice and chicken in the skillet and mix well.
- Add the soy sauce to the mixture, beginning with 1/4 cup. Add additional soy sauce if necessary.
You can prepare this recipe in a very short amount of time, which makes it a perfect meal for busy weekdays. If desired, you could purchase some frozen egg rolls to serve with it, but this is not necessary. This dish is a meal in itself and anyone can make it.
Next time you are craving Chinese takeout, you may want to consider making your own Chinese food. Chicken fried rice is an inexpensive, quick, and delicious meal you could make at home, and your entire family will probably love it.